Sunday, September 18, 2011

Derby Events of Last Week

The original family settled about mid-way between Derby Iowa in Lucas County and Humeston Iowa in Wayne County.  While my branch migrated north about 30 miles, many stayed in the Humeston/Derby area.  Plus, my wife's family hails from north of Derby.  For these and other reasons, I like to check out the Humeton & Derby items in the local newspapers.

In the upper left, Genevieve D'Attilio is visiting her mother, Florence (Gwinn) D'Attilio and they have supper at the home of Mr & Mrs C.C. Gwinn.  CC Gwinn is Florence's fathter, Cyril Chatt, or Chat, Gwinn, who we learned in the previous article did not survive the week.

Midway, we have Mrs Leland Lowe spending the day with her daughter.  Leland Lowe is the son of Irene (Gwinn) Lowe, a sister to my Great Great Grandfather, Andrew J. Gwinn.

Then we have the birth of Diane Rochelle Exley.  Diane is a 3rd cousin to my wife.

No comments: